Friday, April 9, 2010

A CRY FOR PROTECTING THE WILDLIFE HOME

A CRY FOR PROTECTING THE WILDLIFE HOME

                 Couple of years ago, I was staying and taking care of my grandparent house just a few miles away from the rain forest. The air was fresh in the morning, I could see monkeys swinging from one tree to another from our windows. Every morning, I could hear the birds singing with their melodies. Sometimes, they even flied and stayed at our windows as we practicing our vocal and singing in the morning. The house was located on hilltop.
             Night time, if it start raining, I could hear the water dripping among the leaves of those tress, I could hear the frogs singing, the wind whispering etc.  which created such a beautiful sweet rhythm that carrying me into deep beautiful dreamland......
             Whenever the sky was clear at night , as I sat the corridor upstairs playing with my cat "Morning Shine", I could see stars under my feet. I could see many houses and shop houses lighting up their home from far....,  I saw cars, buses, different types of vehicles moving in the speeding highway from the hilltop. I was experiencing heaven on earth.......
             One fine day, I heard noises from not far away, l heard trees being cut off, I saw green forest turning to muddy land, I saw bulldozers moving moving on the land. Slowly I saw fences being built and houses being built. AND FROM THAT DAY ONWARD, I DON'T SEE GREEN BEAUTIFUL FOREST.
             The birds lost their home, they started to look for shelter and food, sometime they flew into our home, the birds lost it way ,and we have to help them to fly out by opening wide the windows and doors. There was time ,when I reach home one morning from the market, I heard a loud voice from the bathroom up stair. As I ran up to check what is going on..... I saw a big black  monitor lizard was trap inside our bathroom, most likely it was frightened by the bulldozers and the forest cutting, it's home was being destroyed and climbed through the window next to bathroom. As I screaming for helps, my husband came but the monitor lizard was too afraid, drop itself into our dry tank and got itself trap. I have to called the wildlife rescues team to help the lizard to be sent to near by forest for it survival. I have encounter the the cute little squirrels running into our bedroom, I managed to took down some of the photos too.

              HOW COULD WE CRY FOR "STOPPING THE GLOBAL WARMING"  WHILE THE GOVERNMENT ON THE HAND KEPT APPROVING THE FORESTS TO BE CHOPPING DOWN ???
              HOW COULD WE TOLERANT THE CLAUSE OF PROTECTING FOREST RESERVE TO BE ELIMINATED OR BEING ALTER TO INDUSTRIAL AND HOUSING DEVELOPING PURPOSES???

              HOW COULD WE "BE QUIET"???  WHEN YOU SEE WILDLIFE, TREES,  FLOWERS AND FOREST RESERVED BEING TAKEN RUTHLESSLY......DUE TO UNWISE AND FOOLISH DECISIONS MADE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment