Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life is more than BREAD


Life is more than BREAD!

Dear friends,

“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God”
Matt.4:4


We have a most High God, a loving King!

Our God is awesome, merciful in praise and strong in battle!

We have a most High King, wonderful in deeds, great in wisdom!

Our God is the all-sufficient God! Full of grace complete in perfection!

We have a living King, full of blessings, faithful in righteousness!

Don’t ever confine God to the strength of your thought! For our great God is well beyond the imaginations of men!

His is limitless; full of amazement and sufficient beyond measure!

Never complicate your faith, by building walls of impossibilities, for our God is the Lord of all possibilities!
He is our Big God that does mighty things!

Don’t create your fears by doubting His might!

Goliath was a champion warrior, David was a shepherd boy; but faith is more potent when it is simple and full of great hope and expectations based on our knowledge of God!

“Goliath was mighty in height and sight; David was full of faith and the knowledge of the greatness of our in-comparable God Almighty!

“Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied”
1 Samuel 17:45


I met a man recently, so full of worries and anxiety!

He complained about the hopelessness of life and the leanness of his means to meet his needs!

He was a bread winner without bread! His family looked up to him, and each new day he saw their needs and worked to supply them.

My Bulgarian friend was ever worried as he labored at his job! But I know no man ever wins being anxious!

“Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” Matt.11:25-27


I’ve seen men kill themselves when they lacked things to care for life; the shame of poverty is enough for a satanic end they often reasoned!

God cares for the lilies, what more men He created in His very image?

I’ve been through several phases in my walk with God; from the rabbles of abject poverty to the morning of prosperity; I’ve seen God ever steadfast!

He is God when I could barely take care of myself; and He is my God when I could comfortably take care of others!

Our knowledge of God is all that matters in seasons of great leanness, for our God is not confused about our needs!

The God that provided for the children of Israel in the wilderness also made an advance preparation to preserve Jacob and his seeds!

“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive” Genesis 50:20

He that created the ears sure can hear!
He that created the eyes sure He can see!
He that made the human mind sure feels for us!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands” Isaiah 55:8-12.

Don’t ever dwell endlessly on the imperfections of life, that’s exactly why Jesus died on the cross!

He died to take care of our pains; He paid a great price why pay more?

His promises are sure and steadfast; sure Our God is great enough to meet our needs!

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” Phil 4:4

Let’s grow towards the infallibility of the scriptures and the uniqueness of His mercy and provisions.
As His kids, let’s submit the worries to Him alone; for He alone is worthy to help and carry the burden!
And I asked my friend!

“You worry too much about what to take care of life; have you ever considered accepting the Giver of life?”

He smiled and realized, his worries were misplaced!

Surely the Giver of life must be able to care for the life He gives!

God bless you,

Victor John Praise

1 comment: